About Stoney Creek’s Sunshine & Rainbows Christian Day Care Centre
Sunshine & Rainbows Christian Day Care Centre has been opened since 1987. Kathy Campanaro, owner and operator, bought the day care in 2001. After 25 years in the banking industry, she had decided to strike out on her own. She moved the centre to its current location 440 Hwy 8 in 2003 and opened a new toddler program. This was needed in Stoney Creek. Ms. Lesley Brayson, Kathy’s supervisor has been with us for 9 years, bringing over 20 years of child care experience to Sunshine & Rainbows Christian Day Care Centre.
More About Our Day Care
Our teachers are always updating their education going to courses at night. We say a non-denominational prayer by sign language at lunch and snacks. We do a 2 month newsletter informing parents what is going on at the centre and any special occasion.
United Nations Declaration of The Rights of The Child
- The right to affection, love, and understanding.
- The right to adequate nutritional and medical care.
- The right to protection against all forms of neglect, cruelty, and exploitation.
- The right to free education and to full opportunity for play and recreation.
- The right to a name and nationality.
- The right to special care if handicapped.
- The right to be among the first to receive relief in times of disaster.
- The right to learn to be a useful member of society and to develop individual abilities.
- The right to be brought up in a spirit of peace and universal brotherhood.
- The right to enjoy these rights, regardless of race, colour, sex, religion, national or social origin.
The “Rights of the Child” were proclaimed by the peoples of the world during the International Year of the Child in 1979.
Beliefs | Sunshine & Rainbows Prayers
(At Snack Time)
Please and Thank You are very special words
and if you use them you will see
that please and thank you make this world a better place to be.
(At Snack Times & Lunch Time)
Thank you for ______________ days.
Thank you for food.
Thank you for Mommies & Daddies
Make me Good.
(At Lunch Time)
Now’s the time to sit down at the table
to eat as much as we are able.
We always try everything we get
so we’ll grow bigger you can bet.
Our feet we keep still on the floor,
we say please when we want more.
Sit up tall till you get your plate.
Lunch is ready no need to wait.